Junior Laker Basketball (JLB) is a non-profit, exempt organization whose mission is to support youth athletic basketball programs in Mountain Lakes and Boonton Township, New Jersey.
The objectives of JLB are to:
- Provide an enjoyable recreational activity for the participants, while emphasizing the values of teamwork, character, skill and sportsmanship;
- Further interest in basketball among the youth of the the Borough of Mountain Lakes and Boonton Township; and
- Provide a recreation basketball program for those individuals in grades K-8
JLB utilizes a volunteer coaching staff and the values of positive coaching to accomplish its mission, believes sports should be FUN at all levels of competition. We shall continue to work within the community to foster a positive atmosphere for coaches, parents and fans to support the young athletes.
Besides teaching young athletes basketball, JLB tries to promote strong values, such as:
- Excellence is always doing your best and striving to make your best better; therefore, always have the expectation of achieving excellence for yourself and your team.
- Hard work and dedication is the path to individual success.
- Teamwork and cooperation is the path to group success.
- Do not compromise your values for temporary gain.
- Education is important and will last long after athletic endeavors.
- No individual is bigger than the team.
We try to teach these values through example and reinforcement as we build and operate our program.